San Francisco, California Hotel Near Union Square
Bring your walking shoes when you stay with us at our affordable downtown San Francisco hotel, which is conveniently close to such popular attractions as Union Square and Chinatown.
Ride the world-famous cable cars to several top tourist spots like Fisherman’s Wharf and Ghirardelli Square. Savor great meals, superb shopping and live theater-all practically right outside the front door of our San Francisco boutique hotel. What’s more, many more wonderful Bay Area attractions are a scenic car ride away, such as Sonoma and Napa Valley and the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
San Francisco, CA Area Destinations.
There is much to see and do outside of San Francisco. Take a breathtaking two-hour drive down Highway 1 along the incomparable California coast and you’ll come upon Monterey, home to historic Cannery Row and the must-see Monterey Bay Aquarium where incredible sea creatures abound. View high-definition footage of amazing deep sea animals and try out underwater robots and other high-tech tools used by scientists in the cool exhibit, “Mission to the Deep.” About half the distance to the north you’ll discover incredible beauty of another kind in Northern California Wine Country. California’s wine industry was born in the Sonoma Valley more than 100 years ago and it’s never been lovelier-or bubblier. Sonoma Valley produces an extensive range of wines, including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc. The Napa Valley is one of the world’s great wine-growing regions, producing such Bordeaux grapes as Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc. Make a day of it by packing a picnic lunch or indulging in a great meal in one of the area’s many fashionable restaurants.
San Francisco, CA Attractions.
Walk out the front door of our downtown San Francisco hotel and within one-half mile you’ll encounter Union Square, Chinatown and the classic cable cars. San Francisco, CA Area Attractions
- Union Square - ¼ mile
- Cable Cars - ¼ mile
- Chinatown - ½ mile
- Asian Art Museum - ½ mile
- Moscone Center - 1 mile
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art - 1 mile
- Japantown - 1 mile
- Lombard Street - 1.5 miles
- North Beach - 1.5 miles
- Ghirardelli Square - 2 miles
- Fisherman’s Wharf - 2 miles
- Alcatraz Island - 2 miles
- Palace of Fine Arts - 3 miles
- Exploratorium - 3 miles
- Golden Gate Bridge - 3.5 miles
- University of California, San Francisco - 4 miles
- San Francisco Zoo - 7 miles
- Wine Country - 45 miles
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - 120 miles [Top]
- Sausalito - 9 miles
- Berkeley - 14 miles
- Palo Alto - 33 miles
- San Jose - 48 miles [Top]
Airport & Transportation
- San Francisco International Airport - 14 miles
- Oakland International Airport - 20 miles
- San Jose International Airport - 47 miles [Top]
- From the South (San Francisco Airport) on Highway 101. Take Highway 101 North towards San Francisco. Stay to the left, following the signs for the Golden Gate Bridge/Civic Center. Take the first exit, Ninth Street, which empties onto Bryant Street. Travel across Bryant Street and stay on Ninth Street for five blocks until you get to Market Street. Go across Market Street where Ninth Street changes to Larkin Street. Stay on Larkin Street for eleven blocks. Make a right turn on Post Street. Within two blocks make a left on Leavenworth Street. Make an immediate left on Sutter Street. The Mithila Hotel is one half block on the right side at 972 Sutter Street.
- From the East (Oakland Airport) via the Bay Bridge. Take Highway 80 towards San Francisco, and cross the Bay Bridge. Stay in the left lane and exit at Fifth Street, which is a left lane exit. At the light on the Fifth Street off ramp, merge softly to the left onto Harrison Street. Go one block and make a right turn at Sixth Street. Four blocks later, Sixth Street intersects Market Street. Cross Market Street, where Sixth changes to Taylor Street. Continue on Taylor for seven blocks and make a left turn on Sutter Street. The Mithila Hotel is two and one-half blocks further at 972 Sutter Street on the right side.
- From the North on Highway 101. Take 101 South towards San Francisco and cross the Golden Gate Bridge. Take the Lombard Street Exit and proceed on Lombard for approximately 1 mile. At Van Ness, turn right. Go 14 blocks to Bush Street and make a left, using the left turn lane at the intersection of Bush and Van Ness. Continue on Bush for 6 blocks then make a right turn onto Jones Street. Head down the hill for one block to Sutter Street and make left onto Sutter. The Mithila Hotel is on the right side at 972 Sutter. [Top]